Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jackie Robinson

My most recent book that I read was Jackie Robinson by Joshua E. Hanft. This was a great book for me and I loved reading it. It was very easy to read and it taught me a lot about Jackie Robinson.

This book goes through Jackie Robinson's life from when he grew up in his first house all the way until he got his number retired in all of the Major League. His main accomplishment was when he broke the color barrier in the Major Leagues. Before this time no African American was allowed to play proffessional baseball in the same league as the whites. I admire him for being so courageous, because not everyone would sacrafice themselves like he did.

This book taught me how Jackie Robinson went about his life and how he accomplished so much. If you want to learn more about Jackie you should definitely read this book and you will definitely enjoy it.

No comments: